Download folders as a zip
We know that this feature has been on some of your radars for a while, especially our accountant customers who want to send client folders to contacts outside your organisation. With it users will now be able to download any folder through SuiteFiles Outlook and have it emailed to you as a zip file. From there you can either forward the link on, or download the zip to your computer.
For your information - The download process happens in the background so that you can continue to work. This is especially handy when the folder size is big. Once the zip file is ready, a download link will be emailed to you. The time it takes for you to receive the email is again dependent on the size of the original folder. This is how you do it:
- Right click over the folder you want to zip, and select 'Download as zip' from the menu.
- When the reminder tells you that your final zip file will be emailed to you, click 'OK'.
- The email with a link to the zip file will be sent to you.
At the moment this feature is only available for SuiteFiles Outlook. It is not possible to download folders as a zip through SuiteFiles Web due to technical limitations.
Let us know how you go with this new feature. What ways could it be improved? Does this solve the problem of getting folders to external contacts?
New save on send updates
There are two small updates for the save on send action.
- Ever notice a glaring mistake in an email just as you've sent it? Now you can cancel or stop an email during the prompt to save the email into SuiteFiles. Easy.
- In the save on send window you can select which folder you want to save your email into. These folder names used to be truncated, but you can now see these in full.
Reminder to users that Suite are consistently pushing out small improvements and updates for SuiteFiles Outlook. To ensure you have the latest version, always look out for the small lightbulb icon in the top right corner of the app. If you see one, you've got an update! Updating SuiteFiles Outlook is quick and painless - just click the lightbulb and the app will do the rest.